Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Life Update 09/05/12

Today after school I had private lessons. I drove myself there for the first time (the last time I had my mom drive me, just to make sure I'd know where I was going). The drive went surprisingly well! My private teacher and I went over the district orchestra tryout music. First, she had me play the G major scale slowly and helped me with the positions. Then we slowly worked on Overture to Die Fledermaus, which she made me play slowly as well, working on the positions she recommended.  She also gave me little tips and tricks for playing it, like how there was a pause that wasn't marked somewhere in the middle of that excerpt... things you would have never known!

She told me a little about the opera, Die Fledermaus: a husband and wife who were having issues went to the same ball one day without each other knowing, and the wife was wearing a mask (it was a masquerade ball) so she started flirting with her husband, and the husband had no clue it was her the whole time. My private teacher explained it much better, but I obviously can't remember what she said word for word! To read the whole plot line, click here.

That's the best part of taking private lessons-- you get the inside scoop about the songs you play!

My private teacher also told me about a website, www.sheetmusicplus.com, where I can buy the three books she requested me to buy. Apparently they also sell cd's which leave out your part so you can play along and sound like you're playing with other people! I'm definitely going to try that website out. Let me know what you guys think, if you try it too.

I'm really starting to enjoy these private lessons... so informative! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment